Thursday, September 22, 2011

A little slice of Europe

So since we moved to LA, a friend has raved about the Aroma Cafe.  It sounded like a place I would enjoy, but it took me over two months to get there!  Finally, the same friend suggested we go for a late lunch last week, so all of us took a trip down to Tujunga Ave.

Wow, this place is in a word... adorable!  The outdoor seating on the street and around the back is extremely eclectic and unique.  We chose a cozy spot under the trees and enjoyed some interesting conversation while waiting for our food.

I ordered the Brie Plate, which was full of fresh and dried fruits, crostini and of course a huge slice of warmerd Brie cheese.  I mean, the picture speaks for itself.


The brie was delicious, and the fruits and nuts were a perfect compliment to the cheese.  But my favorite part of this plate was the honey drizzled all over the entire thing, which you can't really see in the picture, but it was there and amazing!  All in all a successful brie plate which is great if you are looking for something light and refreshing as a change from the usual heavy, greasy American food.  My husband had a tuna melt that he assures me he will order again, and that came with a huge mound of fries.  Our friend enjoyed a Cobb salad that came in a bowl the size of his head.  Everyone was very satisfied with their lunch choices.  The prices were a little high, but for the portion size and quality of food it was well worth it in my opinion.

I will definitely be back, as I am craving some of the delicious looking desserts I saw in their front cabinet where you order.  One friend from out of town has requested I find her a cute outdoor cafe to enjoy when she comes to visit.  I think I have hit the nail on the head.  Really looking forward to a long relationship with the Aroma cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment