Saturday, October 29, 2011

Cheapo Taco or National Historic Site?

So far I have really enjoyed Studio City.  I still get star struck when I see a celeb at my favorite coffee shop or nail salon.  So when I found out a possible national historic site was right down the road from me, I knew I had to try it out!  So one day driving home, we decided to swing by for supper.



I have to say, its a cute place.  And from what I've read it is exactly the same as it was when it was built.  The parking lot is small and crowded.  I'm sure there have been a million fender benders here in the name of gringo tacos.  After reviewing the...brief menu, I decided on the hard taco and a bowl of chili with cheese.


I started to stir the chili before I took pictures, so you can't actually see the gargantuan amount of cheese that actually comes with the dish.  But if you take all that cheddar that you can see on the taco, and add it to the chili, you get the idea.  The hot sauce that came with the meal was actually really good, and I ended up adding some to the chili to give it a little more kick.  Overall, the food was ok.  It reminded me of a mix between Old El Paso and Taco Bell, which is exactly what it is supposed to be.  I might come back if I'm ever craving tacos and don't want to cook, but could easily make this at home.  If you are itching to go, take cash.  They don't accept anything but.  Kind of disappointed after all of the hype behind this place, but decent "Gringo tacos".  What are your thoughts?  Cheapo food, or best tacos ever.  I would love your comments.

Until Next Time,

Guten Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment