Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pizza Per Tutti - Pizza for All!

So sorry for the long break in posting dear foodies!!  After posting my blog about feel better foods, I actually ended up needing them for about a week.  Stupid head cold turned ugly and all I wanted was chicken coconut soup and the couch.  But now I'm back, just in time for this amazing weather in LA!  So here goes.

When I lived overseas in Germany, my college dorm actually happened to be right in the heart of the Turkish/Italian ghetto.  Lots of low income housing, with tons of people crammed into them.  But the food...oh the food in that neighborhood was amazing!  I had an amazing pizza joint called Pizza bei Gianni, which was 100% authentic Italian style pizza.  Thin crust, bare minimum of sauce, amazing cheese and really great toppings left you satisfied, but not bloated or with heartburn like you tend to get after a night of Pizza Hut.  Simply amazing.  One of the greatest moments in my study abroad was the night I was able to call and order my pizza in German without messing it up.  It's the little things I guess.  I really miss this place.

But I think I might have found a place very near to the beloved pizza dive in my memories.  Located on Lankershim Blvd in Noho is a tiny Italian pizza parlor, Pizza per Tutti which is Italian for Pizza for Everyone!  They have an good sized menu with everything from pizza to sandwiches to a full pasta menu.  But the pizza is simply amazing.

My favorite is their Pizza Margherita.  So light and delicious, and completely satisfying.  It has an olive oil based, with tomatoes and basil...ugh ah.maz.ing.  I added goat cheese to it, and it really added something to the texture.  I wish I had gotten a picture, but I was so hungry the last time I ordered it, there was no chance!  But my husband and I recently went back for our Saturday college football gameday meal.  We ordered the pepperoni, which was equally tasty.

Couldn't Wait...again lol.

The pepperoni can get a little greasy, but what great pizza isn't?  The 14" shown above is more than enough to feed two people, but would order more if you have more people.  They offer tons of options, and even a "build it yourself" pizza that you find in most places.  My favorite thing about Pizza per Tutti is the crust.  It is nice and thin, crunchy, not fatty or greasy at all.  Just the perfect base for their fresh ingredients.  If you enjoy a more authentic style pizza, this is a must try place.  We will certainly be back.

Until next time my foodies,

Guten Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment